According to international standards and with the highest commitment to quality
- Fresh semen is taken directly for insemination in a bitch in heat.
- It is often useful to reduce the volume of semen. For this purpose, the semen is centrifuged and the not needed amount of prostatic secretions is removed.
- cooled semen is prepared for the short-term transportation.
- Insemination should take place within the first three (or four) days after collection.
- The semen can also be deep frozen for up to 30 hours after arrival in a semen bank.
Deep Frozen Semen:
- In different production steps, the dog's semen can be prepared, packaged, and frozen (see pictures).
- Only in this way do all the benefits of insemination come into play. (see reasons for insemination).