Safe and reliable ovulation diagnosis
Breeding Season Determination with the HSB Blendivet® - Method
First veterinary examination of a bitch in heat, in which she will be bred:
- We recommend a gynecological examination in the first 3 to 5 days of heat
First test (blood sample) for breeding time determination and further course:
A: The safe way
(especially for new breeders of bitches with an unclear cycle or for males with indications of reduced fertility or conspicuous breeding behavior)
- First test on the 5th to 7th day of heat
- Repeat tests at 2 to 4 day intervals after consultation with the partner practice (depending on test results), until ovulation can be terminated with high certainty
- Determination of the breeding season with the dog owner.
- incidentally: blood tests can indicate ovulation is imminent two days before it occurs. This is a good time to talk with the dog owner about the alternative dates.
(especially for experienced breeders)
- Tester determination when the bitch starts to show breeding readiness.
- Test with two bitches, to be mated with the same dog, to know which must be bred first
- Test to confirm the assumed cycle state when there is a long way to the male
- Test after mating to confirm ovulation when suspected of an anovulatory cycle (cycle without ovulation)